At the time of the review of a manuscript considered for publication in theBiomedical Data Journal, reviewers must take into consideration the following ethical standards:
- Reviewers commit themselves to assist the Editorial Board in the editorial decisions regarding the suitability of a manuscript for publication in the Biomedical Data Journal.
- Manuscripts will always be evaluated only based on their intellectual merit and contribution to the aims and scope of the Biomedical Data Journal, as the reviewers should adhere to standards of fairness, integrity, and objectivity. Kindly note that personal criticism is unacceptable.
- Reviewers who feel that their review comments might be biased and/or unqualified regarding a particular manuscript submitted for publication to the Biomedical Data Journal should notify the Editorial Board immediately and excuse themselves from the review process.
- Reviewers should be clear in their review comments and provide proper explanations and arguments for their decisions. If suspicion is raised about the originality of the manuscript (unattributed to source), reviewers are expected to notify the Editorial Board immediately, with the appropriate justification.
- During the review process, reviewers will keep in mind at all times that the manuscript and related materials are confidential.
- Reviewers warrant that they will not use the manuscripts and related materials submitted for publication in the Biomedical Data Journal for any other purpose other than the peer review process, without the Editorial Board´s and/or author´s permission.